Madawaska Valley Midwives are bound by law and professional ethics to safeguard your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information.
- Collecting only the information that may be necessary for your care;
- Keeping accurate and up-to-date records;
- Safeguarding the medical records in our possession;
- Sharing information with other health-care providers and organizations on a “need-to-know” basis where required for your health care*;
- Disclosing information to third parties only with your express consent, or as permitted or required by law; and
- Retaining/destroying records in accordance with the law.
- You will be asked to sign a consent form that gives your consent for our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information for purposes related to your care.
- You have the right to see your records. You may also obtain copies of your records.
- Please speak to your midwife if you have any concerns about the accuracy of your records.